Two different Graduate Programs maintain success in the biochemistry department.
Jump to a section:
Core Research Areas
- Structural and Chemical Basis of Protein Function
- Redox Biology
- Molecular Mechanisms of Disease
- Plant and Microbial Biochemistry
- Computational and Systems Biology
- Plant Science Innovation
Additional Areas of Research
- Molecular Rationales for Obesity
- Molecular Genetics
- Lipid metabolism
- Proteomics / Mass Spectrometry
- RNA Biology
- Central Metabolism, Metabolic Modeling
- Organellar biology
- Copper homeostasis
- Biochemistry Education Research
Degrees and Programs
Application Deadline is December 1st. Apply early for prestigious University Fellowships
- B.S., B.A. or equivalent in biochemistry or a related field
- Application form
- Academic Transcript (requirements)
- $50 application fee
Limited waivers available for those in need. Request a waiver by November 1st at firstname.lastname@example.org. Waiver notification decisions will be delivered by November 15th.
- This program has no GRE requirement
International Applicant Requirements:
Application Completion (CollegeNet)
After finishing the web form linked above, you will be emailed an invitation to complete your application on our CollegeNET system. You will need:
- Curriculum vitae (C.V.), upload in supporting files.
- Personal Statement +text, upload in supporting files.
- Areas of interest, choose at least 1
- Official Transcript
2022 campus visit weekend is February 9th - February 11th. Deadline for acceptance of an offer is April 15.
After AdmissionAll students are provided $27,000 stipend from research or teaching assistantships
All admitted first-year students complete two lab rotations. Each lab rotation is 8 weeks-long and a third is optional prior to lab placement.