Jon Freese -- One (Biochemistry Major) of the 2017 Homecoming Royalty Finalists
Greg Nathan | University Communication
The homecoming 2017 royalty finalists are: (back row, from left) Laura Springer, Tom Waldo, Camille Sippel, David Schuler, Olivia Beier, Jon Freese, Taylor Boesiger, Derek Kane, Alex Janvrin and Francisco Garcia; (front row, from left) Shayne Arriola, Olivia Bond, Grant Uehling, Janae Aune, Matthew Server, Brianna Ridenour, Laurel Oetken, Alex Fernando, Said-Nuriddin Makhmudzoda and Evann Vrana.
September 13, 2017 -- Twenty senior students have been selected as University of Nebraska-Lincoln homecoming royalty finalists.
The homecoming king and queen will be elected by the student body in an online vote Sept. 21. They will be crowned Sept. 23 at halftime of the Nebraska-Rutgers football game, which kicks off at 2:30 p.m. at Memorial Stadium.
Students nominated for homecoming royalty are listed below by hometown, with academic major(s) and parents' names listed.
- Brianna Ridenour, management (human resources), daughter of Rick and Audrey Ridenour.
- David Schuler, animal science (production and management), son of Butch and Susan Schuler.
- Tom Waldo, agricultural economics, son of Lee and Joni Waldo.
- Shayne Arriola, marketing, son of Lori Arriola.
- Laura Springer, history, communication studies and political science (pre-law), daughter of Daniel and Susan Springer.
- Taylor Boesiger, elementary education, daughter of Brian and Stephanie Boesiger.
- Jon Freese, biochemistry, son of Mark and Marlys Freese.
- Olivia Beier, accounting and economics, daughter of Scott Beier and Julie Gibson-Beier.
- Olivia Bond, economics, daughter of Tim and Nancy Bond.
- Francisco Garcia, civil engineering, son of Francisco Javier and Irma Garcia.
- Alex Janvrin, actuarial science and mathematics, daughter of Jim and Jen Janvrin.
- Laurel Oetken, broadcasting, and advertising and public relations, daughter of Steve Oetken and Jill Taylor.
- Grant Uehling, applied science, son of Jay and Sheryl Uehling.
- Evann Vrana, family and consumer science education, daughter of Steve and Ann Vrana.
- Matthew Server, political science, son of Jeff and Tresa Server.
- Janae Aune, political science and economics, daughter of Craig and Joan Aune.
- Derek Kane, fisheries and wildlife, son of John and Allison Kane.
- Camille Sippel, economics, daughter of Marc and Franne Sippel.
- Alex Fernando, business administration and broadcasting, son of Kelli and Emile Fernando.
- Said-Nuriddin Makhmudzoda, finance, son of Marhabo and Muhiddin Makhmudovs.